GO time!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after years of preparation, planning, an unexpected wide range of emotions from exhilaration to sleepless nights, two hundred rows of excel spreadsheet provisions, punch lists, Captain’s license, numerous boat shows, 30-50 books (lost count), careful boat selection, temporarily extracting myself from family and work life,  tomorrow morning, November 5, 2014,  is GO time.

It’s thrilling to capture a life long dream first triggered by reading Dove (16 year old sails around the world) as a kid.

I’m so grateful for the support of my family, friends and teammates at work. We have a very capable boat and outstanding crew (Captain Jan Cluistra, Claudia Dengler and Larry Roland), supported by an awesome Outremer team in La Grande Motte, France.

xavier at store

The Davali crew celebrated the completion of Davali with the dedicated Outremer team. Here’s a link to video Thanking the Outremer Team.

Viviane, Francois, and Xavier at the party. The Outremer welcome and ongoing warm hospitality was greatly appreciated by the Davali crew.

Time to make it happen!

About Adam

Author of Safety and Workers' Compensation | To Unleash Productivity and Profits
This entry was posted in Pictures and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to GO time!!!!!!!!!!

1. simon says:

keep us posted hoooheim

2. Trish Nachstein Insuregy says:

Good luck! Be Safe!!!!

3. Anonymous says:

Adam, congratulations, thank you for sharing your joy with us, bon voyage mon’ami, Harlan

4. “Bonne traversée!” Adam..watching you with great interest (and envy) and looking forward to have some future good advice when I hope to do same in a few years with maybe one additional hull (3) and less crew.

In the future I might try to convince you to do a “La Rochelle to Shelter Island” with me and convert the Island to a Multihull mecca!

Enjoy this great adventure built on determination, success and passion
    “If you are going to do something, do it now. Tomorrow is too late.”

Guillaume

5. Phil Gussack says:

Ye Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great, safe trip!!!!!

6. Michael Finn says:

Bon voyage you’ll love. Canaries mike finn

Sent from my iPhone

7. Lisa Friedlander says:

Adam, you have so much to be proud of. I have watched you imagine, dream, study and prepare for this moment for years. You are truly an inspiration. Enjoy every minute of this incredible journey. I will be with you in sprit and cheering you on. I love you.

8. Topflor says:

Enjoy the journey of a lifetime every

Moment

Sent from my iPhone

9. Tom Thornton says:

Adam,
    Your dream about to be become reality,
    remember you are fulfilling the dreams of your friends as well.
    We wish you God speed, and our love and admiration are aboard.
    Tom

10. Anonymous says:

Adam,

We’re all fired up for you and humbled by your ‘pursuit of dream”. We’ll be thinking of you hourly, tracking you daily, and looking forward to every post.

Bon voyage,

PD

11. PETER D says:

Adam,

DON’T KNOW IF MY POST FROM A FEW MINUTES AGO MADE IT THRU. WE’LL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU HOURLY, CHECKING YOUR LOCATION DAILY, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR EVERY POST. HUMBLED BY YOUR “PURSUIT OF DREAM”, AND FIRED UP TO HEAR ABOUT EVERY SEGMENT.

BON VOYAGE MY FRIEND,

PETER D

12. Jill Friedlander Robinson says:

Adam, I have alerted the remnants of Harrison High School class of ’75 aka Laurie, Lis, Pam, Peggy and Michal and the consensus is:
    Holy smokes, this is incredibly exciting – what an adventure. Mai oui, bonne traversee indeed!
    I knew all those years of watching Finding Nemo would pay off!!

13. Anonymous says:

Adam, you are experiencing the dream of a lifetime. Bon Voyage!! Looking forward to more updates…

14. Marc Wein says:

Have a great crossing!!! Marc and Melina

Sent from my iPad

15. Rick Goldin says:

All along the lee shore
    Shells lie scattered in the sand
    Winking up like shining eyes, at me
    From the sea

Here is one like sunrise
    It’s older than you know
    Still just lying there
    With some careless wave
    Forgot it long ago

When I awoke this morning
    Dove beneath my floating home
    Down below her graceful side in the turning tide
    To watch the sea fish roam

And there I heard a story
    From the sailors of the Sandra Marie
    There’s another island a day’s run away from here
    It’s empty and free

From here to Venezuela
    There’s nothing more to see
    Than a hundred thousand islands
    Flung like jewels upon the sea
    For thee and me

The sunset smells of dinner
    Women are calling me to end my tales
    But perhaps I’ll see you, the next quiet place
    I furl my sails

-David Crosby

Adam, you rock!

16. Marty Liljequist says:

Adam, I am so happy for you and so glad to have had a part in your preparation. Can¹t wait to see her. Have safe travels and all the best!!

Keep the wind at your back, Love, Marty

From: s/v Davali Reply-To: s/v Davali Date: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM To: Marty Liljequist Subject: [New post] GO time!!!!!!!!!!

WordPress.com Adam posted: “Well, after years of preparation, planning, an unexpected wide range of emotions from exhilaration to sleepless nights, two hundred rows of excel spreadsheet provisions, punch lists, Captain’s license, numerous boat shows, 30-50 books (lost count), carefu”

17. Tony Greier says:

Congratulations & best wishes for a happy & safe journey!

18. Anonymous says:

One, two, three Adee! Have a great trip. Looking forward to future posts.

Doug

19. laura says:

buon vento, as the italian say….
    laura